Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Karma's a Bitch

I was over at a classmate’s house and it was Shuey, Dube, Jarvis, Tab, Tara and I.  We were script writing for a project in class we all had together.  We decided to take a break and play some hacky sack in the front yard and we hit record on the camera just for the heck of it.  So we are in a huge circle in the front yard playing hacky sack when a girl walks up to us holding a bag and a take out box.  She walks up and says, “Hi, my name is Cassidy and I’m a runaway.  I haven’t slept in 28 hours and I’m walking to a friends house, can someone give me a ride?”  We all looked at each other for a minute and replied, “How old are you?”  She said she was almost 18 but to me she looked like she was maybe 16.  Well we told her that we couldn’t aid a runaway minor.  To which she said, “I’m not a minor, I’m legally independent.  Tab said, “If your legally independent then why do you have to runaway?”  The whole thing didn’t make sense.  She looked down and stated, “Karma’s a bitch.” Then after telling us that, asked for another ride.  We said no again and she walked off.  During this whole thing we noticed she was twitching, so we knew she was on something.  So we called the cops, told them a girl named Cassidy walked up to us saying she was a runaway and that we have the whole thing on tape.  So about 10 minutes later the cops show up and look at the tape and they recognized her and said that this wasn’t her first time and that she was only 16.  So they drive down the road to see if they can find her.  So after awhile we get hungry and all hop in a car and drive to get some food and we drive down where she was walking and we find the cops in a close by park with her in the back seat.  We thought we were heroes caused we saved a 16 year old girl from danger and drugs.

1 comment:

  1. I think you are right. You are heroes and you were smart. Good thinking! ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete