Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Oh, I don't have AAA?

So on Monday of this week, I was on the opposite side of town running some errands and I go to get back in the car and it won't start. So I said great, now what. So I thought to myself, "Hey, I have AAA, I will just call them and get a free tow." So I call AAA and tell them what I need and give them my member ship number only to find out that I don't have AAA anymore because my step mom stop paying for it. So I decided to call my Allstate agent to see if I had road side assistants and of course I don't.  So I was trying to figure out what I was going to do.  I tried to start my car again and it started.  I thought if I babied it home, I'll just get there and then I'll look at it.  So I started driving and got about half way home when I pulled up to the light at Kansas and College.  I stopped at the red light and my car died and started smoking.  Great.  Thankful a woman and a man got out of their cars and helped me push it out of the road and out of traffic.  After that I called my grandparents to ask them what I should do.  They said they would call my cousin's boyfriend because he is a mechanic and he came and towed me to his house where he works on cars.  He thinks it's a head gasket which is not good but he can do it for cheap so i'm thankful for that.  My cousin took me to get my dad's truck to borrow for the week.  After all of this my grandma said something that made my day better.  She said, "Adam, if you didn't have bad luck, you wouldn't have any luck at all."

No comments:

Post a Comment