Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Ranger

When I was sixteen, my grandpa traded a gun for a 1989 Ford Ranger, four speed to help me practice with stick driving.  So me and my best friend Dexter would take it out to the field and practice driving it.  Dexter and I loved to have bonfires and loved to camp but always hated sleeping in a tent.  So we got an awesome idea. We decided to make the Ranger into a camping truck. We made a bed frame that fitted the bed of the truck perfectly and we went a bought a mattress and it fitted in there perfect too.  Then we found a camper shell to put over it and it worked out perfect.  It was big enough for both of us, it had windows for the day time and we could close it up at night.  It was much better than sleeping in a tent which people say thats the only way to camp but I thought our truck was pretty close too.  So our next bonfire everyone loved our camping truck and thought it was the coolest thing ever.  Now we didn't have to set up a tent or worry about tearing it down either. It was always built up and it was way better than a tent too.  But the older we got, the busier we got and ended up tearing it apart.  But it is still the coolest thing I have put together and i'm glad I got to do it with my best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment